Tuesday, December 25, 2018

DIY Christmas Ornaments (take 2)


I made these for my boyfriend's parents for Christmas.  I used clear, iridescent glass ornaments and filled the inside with acrylic paint and did a gravity drain while keeping the ornament upside down after all the inner surface of the ornament was covered with paint. 


 I took their family photos and printed them on resin resistant photo paper, cut out the pictures as circles and domed the pictures with a doming resin.



After the resin cured, I lined the domed photos with a trimming ribbon and added other embellishments to complete the design.  I also painted the ornament cap gold because it was originally silver and that just didn't look right with the gold design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Resin Coasters

These are resin coasters I made for my mother using stickers that she got me years ago that I recently found. I did 2 layers of res...