Saturday, April 15, 2017

DIY Bottle Cap Magnets


I made this for my boyfriend and his brother for his brother's birthday. (They're both huge Bills fans πŸ˜…πŸˆ Go Bills!)

I printed pictures as 1 inch circles and cut them out manually, glued them in with mod podge, decorated the pictures with glitter, floating charms, rhinestones etc, sealed with a layer of resin, and added a small magnet on the back.

Looking back, I should have sealed the pictures before I put the resin in to prevent the pictures from getting darker or having a "wet look" due to the resin.  Lesson learned.  The banner that I attached the bottle cap magnets to were wooden banners that I painted and decorated with scrapbook paper and stickers.  I glued small magnets to the banner so that the bottle cap magnets stayed in place but they are easily detachable so you can attach it to whatever magnetic surface you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Resin Coasters

These are resin coasters I made for my mother using stickers that she got me years ago that I recently found. I did 2 layers of res...